Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

RapidLash review - my experience


For those who are curious about rapidlash here is my experience.
If you don't know what rapidlash is I have explained it in simple terms at the end of this post, just scroll down to 'about rapidlash'.

The purpose of this review is to inform those who might purchase this product that there are many risks that are not outlined or acknowledged by rapidlash.
Despite it's claims RapidLash is not FDA approved nor considered safe by the FDA. proof here.

Let me begin by telling you my eyes (as well as my skin) are extremely sensitive. I have allergic reactions to products all the time. 1 out of every 2 products I try on my face will irritate my skin. I suppose you could say I am 'hypersensitive'.

Now, what you must be wondering is 'does rapidlash work?' yes. Indeed it works. But it comes with possible side effects that are not indicated anywhere on the box or on the website.


(Above) My lashes on day 1 of rapid lash

(Above) my lashes on day 15 of rapidlash

First, I'll tell you the good. I've only used rapidlash for 15 days and I see results. My lashes are definitely longer, in better condition and a couple little 'nubs' I had from an eyelash curler accident are completely grown in now.
My lashes seem fuller, wispier and when I apply mascara they look really amazing.

Here is a comparison side by side:
(lashes curled using shiseido curler in both pictures)


It's difficult to tell the difference in the pictures because the results aren't drastic, but keep in mind rapidlash says you will start to see results after 3 weeks, and it's only been two.

Now I will proceed to explain what happened to my eyes after using rapidlash for 15 days.
The first week I had started using it my eyes were so bloodshot that people at work kept saying I 'look tired' and asking me if I was 'ok.'
I did some research and found out that this is quite common. Some said it would go away after a week or so.
I kept using it, very carefully- avoiding getting it in my eyes of course.
The redness didn't go away but got worse. I started to get red veins all around my lash line, so ugly and swollen!

The flash really wipes out the redness in my pics, but IRL they are so bloodshot, I look like a stoner :(


I again figured I must still be getting used to it and that it would go away. I just wanted to see the results so bad.
Well, the last few days I've been in constant pain-my eyes are puffy, swollen, sore, red and feel so irritated I have to use special eye drops to relieve the swelling and redness.



Two days ago I started having pain in my eyes. I don't know how to describe it but it seemed like stabbing pains sort of. They came and went and I got really freaked out.
Yesterday I decided that this stuff is not worth the pain even if it did make my lashes look amazing.
I have a 'no pain no gain' attitude to life but I realized that my eyes are just too precious to risk anything happening to them.
I took my rapidlash and my receipt right back to the store. I got my $67 CAD back, but my eyes are still recovering. They remained very red, and sore for a day after I stopped using it.
Today they feel better, but still red and slightly irritated.


About RapidLash:

What it is:

A lash enhancing product that claims to give you fuller, longer eyelashes and eyebrows. Can be used by anyone that wishes for lusher eyelashes or eyebrows, and is ideal for those suffering from hair loss due to radiation therapy or Hypotrichosis.

what rapid lash says:
'clinically proven to be safe and effective in enhancing the appearance of brittle, short, sparse, thin lashes and brows into fuller-looking lashes and brows in just weeks.'

How it works:

Marketed as a lash enhancer, RapidLash uses a chemical called isopropyl cloprostenate as an active ingredient that has been proven to stimulate hair growth.
Isopropyl cloprostenate is a molecularly similar compound to bimatoprost which is the active ingredient in Latisse. Both chemicals function in a similar way to promote longer, fuller eyelashes.
Bimatoprost is an FDA-approved drug indicated to lower intraocular pressure in glaucoma patients but it is also used for eyelash enhancement (as in Latisse).
Risks of side effects are outlined and well read by Latisse, but not for RapidLash. Although they are of the same nature of chemicals and should both have the same -if not, similar- risk factors for use.


Is it safe?

Unlike Latisse, RapidLash has not been studied for very long and clinical testing is still not conclusive of all possible risks.
A very important factor for pregnant and nursing women to consider is that prostaglandin analogs for ophthalmic use are currently classified as Pregnancy Class C. Not safe!

what rapidlash says:
'RapidLash has been ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested and found to be safe and non-irritating.'

What the FDA says:
'FDA has determined that drug products in the same class as the active ingredient in “RapidLash” cannot be used safely without the direction, or under the supervision of, a licensed medical practitioner. Despite making a claim regarding safety, your products fail to include warnings about the possible adverse affects associated with the active ingredients used in your products.'

Side effects:

Lets be real here. (RapidLash being a prostaglandin analog compound) is subject to all of the same side effects as any bimatoprost containing drug.

Here is the list of side effects for Latisse (bimatoprost solution):

The most common side effects after using LATISSE® solution are an itching sensation in the eyes and/or eye redness. This was reported in approximately 4% of patients.
other side effects include:
-Effects on Intraocular Pressure
-Iris Pigmentation
-Lid Pigmentation
-Hair Growth Outside the Treatment Area
-Intraocular Inflammation
-Macular Edema
-Contamination of Applicators
adverse reactions (less common):
ocular dryness, visual disturbance, ocular burning, foreign body sensation, eye pain,
blepharitis, cataract, superficial punctuate keratitis, eye discharge, tearing, photophobia, allergic conjunctivitis, asthenopia, increases in iris pigmentation, conjunctival edema, abnormal hair growth, iritis, infections (primarily colds and upper respiratory tract infections), headaches, and asthenia.

Conclusion:

I want to make it clear that I am only putting this information together for those who are not as informed as I now am. I did not know any of these side effects were possible with such a 'safe' product.
Now that I do know the risks, my personal opinion is that this product should only be used under care of a professional and very carefully at that.
Watch for any side effects listed above. If you see any of them develop discontinue use and call your doctor.
However, I do know that there is a great deal of people who have used RapidLash without any negative side effects. I consider those people very lucky and would hope that they do not suffer any long term effects by using this product for extended periods of time.
Everyone has a right to do what they want with their bodies, but I just hope those using RapidLash will exercise caution and consider the risks.


sources:
http://www.latisse.com/
http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2011/ucm251951.htm
http://www.allergan.com/assets/pdf/latisse_pi.pdf
http://www.beautypedia.com/search.aspx?bid=352

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar