Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

iPsy August Prep School Bag, worth the $10.00?

Hounds tooth is still making top trend lines and iPsy is sure to stay on top of trends.  So I was not surprised to find this stunning black and whit hounds tooth with pink accents bag filled with bodies this month.  This is a plastic synthetic bag lined with a rayon ink liner.  Great for makeup and other goodies.  Not only is August my birthday month but its back to school boo, I mean yay! LOL  SO this months theme was "Prep School."  So lets see what this bag came with and if it was worth the $10.00?


First lets start with this cruelty-free travel one ounce travel size "Blossom & Bloom Ginseng + Biotin Volumizing Blow Dry Spray" (wow was that a  mouth full).  Full size of 5.1 ounces retails for $18.00 on Brigeohair website. Sadly as delightful as this may have smelled I did not see a difference on my curly locks.  I have long hair and the weight of my hair tends to weigh down my hair.  I am always looking for some type of lift at the root.  This just did not do that for me.  I will continue to use this until its finished.  This does state that it helps to promote the growth of hair and who does not like hair growth?



Can we say yay to beauty tools!!!  I love to find fun tools in my iPsy bag.  One could never have enough beauty tools and tweezers for that matter.  This Precision Beauty tweezer I was unable to find on the website iPsy provided but I did find one similar.  From what I can see the "Soft touch 2 toned slanted tweezer" retails for $8.00 on Swissco website.  I do like these and the uniques soft rubber like coating they have.  Now I can better keep my eyebrows on fleek!



Are you seeing what I am seeing?  This is such a beautiful neutral lip liner.  I was extremely excited to see a color that I could actually wear and not just swatch and occasionally use now and then.  This is a deluxe size sample 0.03 ounces of Lord & Berry's ultimate lip color and liner in "nude."  Full size (product size/amount not listed) retails for $18.00 on Lord & Berry's website. 



This picture is not deceiving you, this is real.  I am still amazed at what I am seeing on my lips now.  This full size 0.1 fluid ounce lip gloss by Hikari in the shade "Merlot."  This retails for $13.00 on Hikari's website.  Just be forewarned that you can choose a color shade by the highlighted box indicating the shade of lipgloss, but on Hikari website they do not list the shade name such as "Merlot" or "Salsa" you have to make an educated guess as to what lip gloss shade you're looking for.  I think thats poor listing if you asked me.  So I believe the link I have provided is the correct shade but I can't guarantee it.  

Other then that lets get to how this product wears and performs.  I like this but I am not a fan of lip gloss. To me this is more of a liquid lipstick.  This is extremely pigmented.  With that being said although it's amazing when it comes to pigmentation this is tacky like a lipgloss.  This also has a plastic/wax scent to it.  I would have preferred something such as vanilla to take away that not so pleasant scent.  As you can see above this tends to feather out in fine lines, I would advise wearing this with a lipliner to combat that.  In all, a great product, just not for me.  I'm just not a fan of the tacky feeling on my lips.



Last in the lineup is this full size cruelty free 0.05 ounce eyeshadow by Glamour Dolls in the shade "Sorcery."  This bronzed copper is a metallic and would add a pop of glow to any eye look.  I like this, jus not a fan of single eyeshadows.  I find that I NEVER reach for them and they just sit in my collection.  I do like the price tag on these though.  If you're a fan of singles these retail for $3.99 on Glamour Doll's website and thats fabulous in my book.  In all I like the eyeshadow and how it performs.  Great color and amount of product.  This is a win in my book.

In all was this worth the $10.00?  Yes, this bag came with three full size products (totaling 24.99) and 2 truly deluxe size samples.  I did not hate anything in this bag and will use everything in this bag.

Join me on iPsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! You get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10. Michelle Phan curates the bags! Check it out 



If you'd like to know if July Ipsy bag was worth the $10.00 click here!

Till next time,

Amber

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar