Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Product Review: Becca Cosmetics Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder Foundation

I already found my favorite powder foundation in Kanebo Coffret D'Or but I couldn't keep myself from trying others especially when I see a great deal online. And when I spotted Becca Cosmetics Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder Foundation being sold, I immediately purchased it. I was kind of on the fence with this product due it its being mineral (I broke out with mineral makeup) but I just couldn't resist and it was calling my name. And after using it for a while, here's the much-delayed review of this product.


Shade I got is Bloom which is a perfect match for my skin tone.


Product Description from Becca Cosmetics website:

Create your fantasy skin with BECCA Mineral Powder Foundation. BECCA Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder Foundation with pure mineral pigments is designed for a silky, sheer, weightless finish to suit all ages and skin types, including those with sensitive or acne prone skin. With adjustable, natural looking coverage, this water-resistant mineral marvel is both easy-to-apply and long wearing. Buff some on for sensual, luminous colour that stays put all day; even wear it to bed to mimic smooth, perfect skin around the clock.

For Key Attributes, Artist's Tips, and Ingredients List, click HERE.


What I like:
- The small, rubberized compact resembling a UFO is really sleek and I find it cute plus it has a mirror that comes in handy.
- The texture is nice but not as amazing as Japanese foundations, in my opinion.
- Bloom, which is the shade I have, perfectly matches my skin tone and undertone.
- Provides light coverage that can be built up to medium and full.
- Does not have an annoying scent.
- I like how it helps even out my skin tone. If layered, it can cover minor blemishes and light sun spots or freckles.
- Finish is matte but not flat.
- Even though it isn't as silky and finely milled as Kanebo, I like that it isn't chalky or ashy.
- It does not oxidize on me.
- Has not caused me to break out.
- There are 7 shades to choose from. Not too many and confusing and not very limited either.
- Locally available at Adora in Greenbelt.

What I don't like:
- Does not do much for oil control. I need to touch up in an hour or two.
- Not as long lasting as other powder foundations. It is gone after four hours if no touch up was done.
- Initially made me itchy but I guess my skin adjusted to it.
- Only has a shelf life of 6 months which led me to think and ask why it's that short. Aren't minerals supposed to last for a really, really, really, really long time? I guess that applies to "pure" mineral makeup.
- Only contains 7g and it is pricey for Php 1950 which is the SRP at Adora. (Lucky I got mine for less. *wink*)

Overall rating: 3/5

Will I buy again? No. I should stay loyal to Kanebo. :)



Have you tried this product from Becca Cosmetics?

TGIF! Have a great weekend, guys and gals. :)

Cheers,
Coming up: MAC 190 Foundation Brush Review

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar